You are out in your garden planting your flowers, the birds are singing, the trees are budding and a simple grilled meal is just the ticket to complete an idyllic day.
Grilling doesn’t have to be complicated. By using fresh vegetables and a little know how a simple meal off the grill from start to finish can be a wonderful meal. Another added benefit your kitchen stays clean.
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love chicken. Chicken breasts are a staple item at our house. I always make more than the family needs for a meal. They are terrific for salads the next day or stuffing tacos.
This past weekend I was thrilled to be asked to be with the Char-Broil team for the Memphis in May BBQ competition. I needed to come up with something quick and easy for everyday grilling.
I was inspired by the new Char-Broil cookbooks:
Simple, easy and full of flavor. These are the recipes I use day in and out to feed my family.
Thai Chicken with grilled veggies and herbs
These flavors enhance the common and make it special meal for your family...
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2lbs potatoes (white & sweet) cleaned and sliced into rounds
- 1lb Asparagus trimmed and cleaned
- 4 bell peppers (red, yellow orange, green) trimmed and quartered
- 3/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp Cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tbsp Char-Broil all Purpose rub
- 2 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Sea Salt & Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill for medium-high heat grilling. 350F
- Ensure all of your items are prepped before you start to grill. Also a clean grill is a happy grill so make sure those grates are clean.
- Season the chicken breasts with the Char-Broil All Purpose Rub. Place the breasts on the grill for 5-10 minutes until you can see the chicken starting to turn opaque an begin to release from the grates. Turn the chicken breasts over and grill an additional 5-10 minutes until the temperature of the breasts internally is 165F. At the last minute glaze the chicken breasts with the Sweet Thai Chili sauce. Set aside to rest until the vegetables are grilled.
- Add the potato slices to the grill at the same time as the chicken. Season the potato slices with salt & pepper. Turn them often until softened approx 10 minutes. Remove them from the grill onto a platter. Drizzle with olive oil and top them with the herbs and blue cheese crumbles.
- After approximately 10 minutes add the asparagus to the grill. Season with salt & pepper. Turn often until lightly charred and softened. Remove from grill and toss with 1/8 cup canola oil.
- In the last 5 minutes toss the bell peppers with the remaining 1/8 cup of canola oil and grill until charred and softened.
- Serve the entire meal family style and let everyone dig in. A simple meal that is delicious for everyone and the leftovers are great too!
Recipe developed by Danielle Dimovski aka Diva Q
Serve the entire meal family style and let everyone dig in. A simple meal that is delicious for everyone and the leftovers are great too!