- Preheat Grill to 275F / 300F
- Rinse chicken pieces under cool water and pat dry.
- In a glass bowl whisk basting sauce ingredients until the sugar has dissolved and the spices are well incorporated
- Place chicken on the grill indirect and baste with sauce.
- Every 10 minutes baste chicken pieces with sauce and turning occasionally.
- After 50 minutes check the internal temperature of the chicken. The breast pieces should be 165F and the dark meat (thighs) should register 180F internally.
- When chicken is at the right temperature remove to a platter and let rest for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with segments of orange.