The Char-Broil LIVE Community Forums are full of tips, tricks and helpful pictorials on how members cook food in the various Char-Broil grills, smokers and cookers. This post by a new member “desparks” and is an example of the helpful information you’ll find there. You can visit the online forums 24/7 and read all the posts in each of the boards BUT you’ll need to register (it’s free) to comment or ask questions. C’mon over and find out what you have always wanted to know. Welcome to the Cookout! ~ Barry CB Martin
This is the first thing I have made in the Big Easy 2-IN-1 Electric Smoker Roaster (BEESR) and I couldn’t be happier. I lurked on these forums and came up with my strategy and thanks to all the good advice it turned out awesome.
- after applying the rub I set it in the fridge and left it till I was ready.
- took it out and let it get to room temperature.
- started up the BEESR on 15 with my wood chips (Stubb’s) around midnight
- put the butt in the basket with the fat cap up…it barely fit.
- kept the BEESR on 15 for about 10 minutes then I turned it down to 10
- after an hour I changed the wood chips and turned it down to 8.
- after another hour i turned it down to 6 and changed the wood chips a 3rd and final time then I went to bed!
- when I woke up around 7:30 AM and the temp was only 157F so I turned it back up to 8 and went back to bed. ( I should note that I found out my BEESR probe is about 20 degrees low.)
- when I checked it again at 10:00 AM and it was showing 172°F on the BEESR. I turned the temp up to 10 and left it another hour.
- about 30 minutes I checked it again and the built-in probe was showing 187°F, so I checked it with my instant read thermometer and it was showing 200°F so I pulled it out.
- after pulling rapped it in tin foil and a towel and shoved it into my microwave (insulated) to rest.
- after resting I pulled it, and it came apart beautifully. the bark was pretty amazing and the meat had a really good smoke flavor.
Needless to say, my family was impressed. ~ desparks
Read the original post on the Char-Broil LIVE Community Forum
Learn about the new Big Easy 2-IN-1 Electric Smoker Roaster