For the Ribs:
- 2 Racks St. Louis Cut ribs
- Char-Broil Memphis Rub
- 2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- Char-Broil Sweet & Sassy Finishing Glaze
For the foil wrap:
- 1.5 cups apple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple juice (reserved for spray bottle)
- 4 tbsp hot sauce
- Preheat Grill, and set up for indirect heat 225F
- Rinse ribs under cool water and pat dry.
- Pull the membrane from the bone side of the ribs. To remove membrane, start by inserting your finger under membrane in the middle of the rack. With fingers, work a section loose. Grip membrane with paper towel and peel off.
- Coat ribs thinly with yellow mustard.
- Sprinkle each rack of ribs with 2-3 tbsp Char-Broil Memphis Rub. Rub in the spices to cover both sides.
- Place 1 cup of hickory wood chips into a smoker box or packet made from heavy duty foil (pierced with holes to allow smoke to come out).
- Place ribs on cooler side of grill, meatier side up. Close lid
- After 45 minutes open grill and spritz meat with spray bottle filled with apple juice.
- Replenish smoker box and refill with an additional 1 cup wood chips or replace packet filled with wood chips. Close lid. Repeat this step after an additional 45 minutes.
- Approximately 1 ½ hours after start time remove ribs. Lay out a large piece of foil 2.5 times the length of the ribs. Fold over to create two layers. Place ribs on the foil meatier side down. Pour ¾ cup apple juice over the ribs. Crumble ½ cup brown sugar over the ribs. Sprinkle 2 tbsp hot sauce on the ribs. Seal the foil package tightly to ensure the juices stay in. Return ribs to the grill.
- Increase temperature of the grill to 275F
- After ¾ to 1 hr in foil check for tenderness. The rib bones should be showing and the meat should be fork tender.
- Keep checking every 15 minutes until they are tender.
- CAREFULLY take ribs out of foil discard juices.
- Increase grill temperature to 300F
- Place ribs back on grill for 10 minutes and generously brush on Char-Broil Sweet & Sassy Finishing Glaze.
- Take ribs off cooker let them rest for 10 minutes
- Slice cleanly between each set of bones by cutting the ribs meat side down. Serve with additional finishing glaze on the side.
Leave a Reply