The steak for this sandwich was grilled on Char-Broil’s Gourmet 2-Burner TRU-Infrared grill. It came out just right – juicy and no flare ups! So, if you are looking for an alternative to burgers or hotdogs this Memorial Day weekend, this may be just the ticket.
First, start with some quality ingredients:
Next, chop your herbs, peel and chop garlic.
Now, mix all ingredients together to make the paste.
Rub the mixture on both sides of the steak and wrap in plastic wrap.
Place the steak in the fridge to marinate for about 2-4 hours. Then remove steak from the fridge, unwrap and rub off most of the herb mixture.
Now, grill the steak till done to your desired temperature.
Finally, assemble your steak sandwich – and don’t forget the horseradish dressing!
You can serve it open-faced too.
Herb-encrusted New York Strip Steak Sandwich with Horseradish Dressing
This herb-encrusted steak pairs well with a zesty horseradish dressing and makes for an excellent sandwich choice- year round!
- One New York Strip steak, about 1 pound, 2-inches thick
- One loaf French bread
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 4-6 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of horseradish
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of stone ground or Dijon mustard
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Dash of hot sauce (i.e., Tabasco)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine herbs, garlic, salt and pepper and add enough olive oil to make a thick paste.
- Rub paste on steak and then tightly wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Remove steak from fridge and remove most of the herb rub.
- Grill till desired temperature is reach.
- Let the steak rest before slicing.
- As the steak rests, butter the bread then toast on the grill for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and slather on bread.
- Garnish with lettuce and tomato (or anything else you would like)