Grilled Chicken with Balsamic Garlic Sauce
Making this dish is easy - requiring simple ingredients (HEY USE Bottled salad dressing for the balsamic garlic sauce ---- shhhhh!) and makes a standard mid-week chicken dinner out-standing!
For The Chicken
- 5 chicken quarters
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Canola oil spray
For The Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons instant flour
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat one side of the grill to medium and the other to low.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and lightly spray all sides with canola oil
- Sear the chicken over medium heat, about 3-5 minutes per side; then remove it to a foil pan on the low-heat side of the grill.
- Keep the other side of the grill on medium, but shut off the burners under the pan.
- Close the lid.
- Cook until the temperature of the thick thigh meat is 180 degrees F.
For the Sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add teh shallots, cooking until translucent, and then add the garlic.
- Combine with the vinegar and chicken broth and bring to a boil
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon oil and flour.
- Drizzle it into the saucepan mixture, whisking to prevent lumps.
- Bring to a boil; then simmer on low for 1 to 2 minutes, whisking as necessary.
- Serve with the chicken.
This recipes was used as the basis for a recipe prepared by Barry CB Martin on The Weather Channel - April 21, 2012