There’s nothing cool about dried-out pork. That’s why Diva Q, an award-winning pitmaster, shows you a surefire way to have moist and delicious, competition-style pork butt. All you need is an injector; it just about guarantees moist meat every time. An injector allows you to put flavor-filled, moisture-enabling liquids right into your meat. You can inject fruit juices, melted butter, broths – you name it. Mix and match flavors and meats to produce moist meat just like the pros.
Peach Nectar Competition Pork Butt Injection
This is a tasty, peachy injection that goes well with all things pork.
- 2 cups Peach Nectar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Butcher BBQ Phosphate
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon MSG
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly by whisking in a bowl.
- Set aside in fridge for a minimum 4 hours or overnight prior to injecting pork.
- Inject 8-10 ounces of injection into each pork butt.
- Be sure to inject every square inch of the butt.
- When complete generously season the pork butt with BBQ rub and set aside for a minimum 4 hours or overnight in a fridge.
Do not use a blender to mix the injection as it will overactivate the phosphates.